Monday, September 08, 2008

Boy, I hope you saw the second-season premiere of The [Cameron] Chronicles

Because it kicked ass. One hell of a fucking payoff from last season's cliffhanger--it honestly played like the second part of the same episode. Here's a promo, then I'll be back to talk about it a little more.



(There will be no spoilers in this post. Nor is there anything that I would consider a spoiler in the articles to which I link)

It took 'em a few episodes to find their feet in the first season, but this year they're hitting the ground running.

Reportedly they have a bigger budget now, and it shows, but if you know me (or even if you've been paying attention at all), you know that's not why I'm watching it.

Josh Friedman, who adapted the James Cameron films into the TV show format, comes closer to why I watch it when he talks about how



"It's a great show for women, in terms of having so many kinds of strong women. John is just coming into his own and watching these women protect him and mother him -- how much of themselves do they lose? I was talking to Lena about this idea that Sarah is always at risk of losing herself. She is a great pillar of strength, but always struggling with her maternal side -- she almost becomes a Terminator herself. And Cameron is ...learning how to use ["traditionally feminine"] skills. She's either learning how to be be human or just getting better at portraying one."


A word: If you're not watching the show but think you may (whether because you trust my recommendation or not), find and watch the second season premiere ASAP to avoid spoilers.

You'll thank me later.





And while I'm trying to get you primed, here's a brief talk with (Terminator) Summer Glau and (John Connor) Thomas Dekker.

If you read that after watching tonight's episode, you realize that Glau drops a very cute hint about a BIG spoiler...and I won't say any more.

No comments: