Saturday, September 13, 2008

Leave "skirt facts" to Coco Chanel, John McCain tells lies

Ok. I should be writing my daily entry over at my other blog right now. But once again, something in my iGoogle Most Popular Yahoo! news box has caught my eye. It is this:

Analysis: McCain's claims skirt facts, test voters



McCain's persistence in pushing dubious claims is all the more notable because many political insiders consider him one of the greatest living victims of underhanded campaigning. Locked in a tight race with George W. Bush for the Republican presidential nomination in 2000, McCain was rocked in South Carolina by a whisper campaign claiming he had fathered an illegitimate black child and was mentally unstable.


As glad as I am that this news is getting out there...you know what really tests voters (especially this one)? The number of excuses which the press--Associated and otherwise--can come up because they're skittish about saying a plain, simple truth.

John McCain tells lies. He doesn't "stretch the truth." He doesn't make "dubious claims."

He tells lies.

(I know this isn't the first time I've vented about this, and I'm not the first or only person to do it either. But I wanted to get it out.)

No comments: