Saturday, May 13, 2006

A brief recap before we continue

Completed Sunday, December 04, 2005: 179 pages. 36, 293 words. 32 chapters.

My Girlfriend's Boyfriend, a novella in four parts and an epilogue.

Completed Friday, February 24, 2006: 201 pages. 38, 669 words. Still 32 chapters.

My Girlfriend's Boyfriend, still a novella in four parts, but now with a prologue and interludes.

Completed Saturday, May 13, 2006: 209 pages. 40, 270 words. 35 chapters.

My Girlfriend's Boyfriend, a novel.

In three parts, interludes and an epilogue. I moved the material that I had called the prologue in the last version into the body of the book on the grounds of length. When was the last time you read a book with a 20-page prologue?

I think it's a novel. I think it's done.

Now what do I do?

(I mean, besides send a copy to my first-reader extraordinaire, the friendly, thoughtful and bright fellow known as a vision of manlyness and a man of vision not at all subsceptible to flattery, Corey Klemow.)

1 comment:

jeopardygirl said...

Get an agent. Put out a call for beta readers. bbovenguy is right abotu the Writer's Market. That would have been my suggestion, too.

Good luck.