Sunday, February 25, 2007

Check this out.

A woman named Suze Orman, who is a financial counselor and TV host, has come out as a lesbian. Which is great, right? Yeah, but some things about her reported statements strike me as kind of weird.

Orman says she wishes she could marry her partner Kathy Travis, partly because it would save them both a lot of money.

"Both of us have millions of dollars in our name," she told The New York Times Magazine in its Feb. 25 edition. "It's killing me that upon death, K.T. is going to lose 50 percent of everything I have to estate taxes.


Yes, I love all that romantic talk too. Of course, I have to admit that never having heard of Orman, when I saw this item I went looking for news and images of her. And far be it from me to stereotype...but...I can't imagine how this could have come as a shock.

It also seems kind of odd to me that she says
I have never been with a man in my whole life. I'm still a 55-year-old virgin.' ''

So a woman being with another woman is not "real" sex, then?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, the first time I read one of her books, I just assumed everyone knew she was a lesbian. She referred to her partner several times,and it was in a personal sense, not a business sense.