Tuesday, February 27, 2007

To shock and surprise of all...

...the Van Halen reunion with David Lee Roth is off. As I say, I'm not exactly surprised, but I suppose I am just the teensiest bit disappointed. Van Halen used to be so fun when David Lee Roth was with them. Then they got Sammy Hagar and all the fun went away.

Hagar may have his fans as a singer, but I'm talking fun. David Lee Roth was everything you want a rock n roll singer to be: Kind of stupid, frankly a bit sexist, a little childish, and loudmouthed.

But you didn't care about the loudmouthed part because he was so imminently quotable:

"The bad news is, we've lost our way. The good news is, we're way ahead of schedule!"

Sigh. Them there those were the days, my friends. Those were the days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Two of Diamond Dave's best quotes:

"The perfect girl is a woman who will hang out until 4 AM and then turn into a pizza."

"I'm a real family man. I've started four or five this year already."