Thursday, March 01, 2007

Coming to you on a dusty road, Good loving

Weird. So I'm driving my cat home from a follow-up visit to the vet, and one of those "greatest hits of all time" radio stations goes on a real nice streak of songs. And I don't know if this was deliberate, but I noticed something.

They played, in a row, "California Girls" by the Beach Boys, "Soul Man" by Sam and Dave, "Pretty Woman" by Roy Orbison, and "Think" by Aretha Franklin. Each one of those songs links with one of the other ones.

What's the connection, top-10 fans?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's see...two of those songs have Blues Brothers connections, but I don't think that's a part of it. Soul Man and Pretty Woman were written based on off-handed comments, but I don't know about the others. All of the songs except for Aretha were hits as covers (unless you count the Blues Brothers version), two of which were sung by David Lee Roth. Am I getting close?

Ben Varkentine said...

Got it in one. Actually I was thinking of the Blues Brothers connection, as well as the David Lee Roth.