Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A possible hooray

A comic strip gag I've always remembered from when I was a kid was in, I think, Beetle Bailey. It showed one of the characters stopping to pick up his mail and calling out "A possible hooray! A possible hooray!"

Then another character explains to someone next to them, "He got one of those envelopes reading 'You may already be a winner."

The Literary Agency to which I sent my e-mail query yesterday has replied saying they would be happy to read a sample of my work.

This is not exactly getting the ball into the dragon's mouth at the end of the miniature golf game, yet. I mean, now I get to worry and be neurotic about preparing the sample (what fun).

But, it is, at least, step two. Maybe even step three. So...

A possible hooray! A possible hooray!