Sunday, March 11, 2007

You probably only want to watch this if you love electropop as much as I do



But if you do, this is awesome. I once told you there was a time in my life when if you asked me who I would want to be if I could be anybody besides myself I would have said: Daryl Hall. That was around 1984.

A couple of years later I moved on to the lead singer of this band. If I'd had the confidence I totally would have adopted his style in high school. Actually, after I dyed my hair red, when I was about 17 I fancied I looked a bit like him but that was probably delusion.

A bit like who? Oh, sorry. Tom Bailey. With the Thompson Twins. Live in Liverpool, 1983.

If you don't know how wonderful this is I don't want to know you, really.

2 comments:

jeopardygirl said...

It goes beyond awesome...it's TOTALLY awesome. But uh, yeah, not sure you look anything like him. I know I look nothing like her. Whatever happened to them?

Ben Varkentine said...

Oh, the usual. Joe split, Tom & Alannah carried on for a while until the hits stopped coming, had a couple of babies, got married, and moved to New Zealand.

They're now divorced :( but reportedly "still close friends" and living back in Britain.