Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Richard Jeni

I haven't had anything much to say about the recent and obviously tragic loss of comedian Richard Jeni, nor will I.

I simply didn't know his work well enough to be a big fan. Though I do remember catching at least part of one of his HBO specials and a Tonight Show appearance or two and finding him funny, for me personally it was never to the extreme that made me want to seek out his performances and other appearances.

But I'm always saddened when someone choses to take their own life. And frankly a little frightened when that life seems, from an outside perspective, to have had so much in it that you'd think would be rewarding.

On that topic, his official homepage has statements from his family and a friend that I thought should be shared.

No comments: