Sunday, May 20, 2007

On the other hand, maybe I don't miss the '80s as much as I thought.

Calvin Harris, a Scottish producer and singer, hit number 10 on the UK charts with this record. He is now reportedly writing for Kylie Minogue, and supported Groove Armada among others on tour.

Harris is only partly responsible for this version of the video-the sections where you see him lipsynching come from the original. The rest were put together, in the main, by a YouTuber called LoveSoldier106.

I should probably be required to watch this video every time I go on one of my "totally tubular '80s child" rants. Because it's an affectionate, loving tribute to just what was considered..."Acceptable in the 80's..."

3 comments:

jeopardygirl said...

Whoever this LoveSoldier106 is, he's my new editing hero...

Ben Varkentine said...

Mine too. Though, what makes you think it's a he? Sexist...

jeopardygirl said...

Bite me. I was using a generic term. ;)