Thursday, November 15, 2007

Fresh Life?



Two pieces of good news about Life, which as you know is my favorite new TV show of the season. For my ratings and other television news, I rely on two agenda-free sites.

First, there was this from mediaweek, about the ratings:


Worth positively noting for Life was growth out of the once promising Bionic Woman of 11 percent.


As I read that, it means rather than people who watch Bionic Woman sticking around for Life, more people are showing up for Life than for the Bionic Woman. The same article notes that Pushing Daisies is-heh-slowly dying. Thank god.




Then it was over to the futon critic where I was delighted to see that NBC-almost as if they read this blog-seems to be trying out a new day for Life.


A two-part episode of the series will kick off on Monday, December 3 at 10:00/9:00c before concluding in its regular time period on Wednesday, December 5 at 10:00/9:00c.

The former installment will have the "Heroes" "fall finale" as its lead-in.



Well I'll be damned. Now, granted, Heroes isn't what it was last year-in the ratings I mean, I've never watched the show regularly-but who among us is? However intuitively, it seems like a slightly better fit with Life than Bionic Woman (which I admit I've never watched at all).

On the other hand, I may have to either tape the last two minutes of Samantha Who? (my second fave of the new season) or the first two of Life. Thanks to those whacky two-minutes-past-the-half-hour timeslots.

But I'm in a count-my-blessings mood.

No comments: