Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Amazons of '89

1989 : Kim Basinger. Unfortunately in the news more these days because of her knock-down-bare-knuckle custody fight with Alec Baldwin than her movie roles, Basinger has all this...



...and talent, too. I take my hat off to her (in fervent hopes that she'll return the salute).

And speaking of salutes, for my second glorious woman today I would name Kylie, who back in 1989 was just the girl who'd had that novelty hit with the cover of 'The Locomotion.' Trouble is I talked about Kylie just a few days ago. So I'm gonna go with:



Now, to be absolutely fair, I have to admit that to me personally, Janet (Miss Jackson if you're nasty) was sexiest a few years earlier; during the Control era...I like her better when she's bouncy.

But she was still looking like someone it'd be fun to work up a sweat with in 1989. 15 years later...well, let's just say to me the worst thing about her breast popping out at the superbowl was the anticlimax.

No comments: