Thursday, August 14, 2008

EDITED w/ ADDITION: Because the media have 24 hours a flippin’ day to kill...

They give publicity to shit smears like this guy.

If they just reported the truth, and just talked to people who had some education as to what they were talking about, it wouldn’t take up more than 20 minutes.

This is why when I think of the people who lit the match that destroyed America, I think of one name: Ted Turner. He invented CNN and the 24-hour news cycle, and thus we lost context and perspective.

It’ll never happen, Pandora’s box being impossible to close, but I often wish I could somehow take us back to one news report at the end of the day. And the media forced to make their limited time on-camera actually count for something.

But, why waste time fantasizing…

ETA: I would like to revise and expand upon my earlier remark that Corsi is a shit smear. What I meant is that he is a bigoted, white-power loving, interracial-sex hating shit smear.

Thanks for your time.

No comments: