Monday, August 11, 2008

Debbie n88ked

Ok. I decided I want to do kind of a reverse of the "Women my own age" thing I did last year. So what I'm gonna do each day between now and September is go back through the past 20 years.

For each year, I'll name two women who were--let's not be coy--making me hard at the time, with "where are they now" updates.

So, we'll start with:

1988:


Debbie (never Deborah, I don't care what she says, she'll always be Debbie to me) Gibson.

Musically, Gibson looks like an under-appreciated genius only when compared to the likes of say, Tiffany or Britney Spears.

But she always had that girl-next-door, slightly prominent nose thing goin' on, and I dig that. Plus, who knew that some 15-odd years later...



Elisabeth Shue. She's just a full-on woman, you know what I mean?

Shue has a role in Hamlet 2, opening next week, as...well, watch the trailer if you haven't yet, it's really funny.



(and in a case of Christians further becoming parodies of themselves, the movie is reportedly being protested by a"growing list of churches and Christian ministries." This, as we know, motivates me to see it just a little bit more.)

No comments: