Saturday, August 09, 2008

Classic movie meme, or, how could he knock Amadeus?

(I got this here)

Ok, this time I'm tagging people. Jason (if you have time and feel like it...and since your blog is on hold for the duration, feel free to use the comments here), PJ, Becca...this one's for you. It's the
Classic movie meme


Get the American Film Institute's 100 Years... 100 Movies list and answer the following questions:


1) Your favorite 5 movies that are on the list:


* Some Like It Hot
* Star Wars
* Psycho
* The Best Years of Our Lives
* North by Northwest


2) 5 movies on the list that you didn't like at all:


* M*A*S*H
* Amadeus


I could only come up with two, and I'm stretching the point to include even those. In the case of M*A*S*H it's just a fact, unfortunate or otherwise, that I saw it only after having fallen in love with the TV version.

Amadeus I probably haven't seen in 25 years, but I remember it as being remarkably dull (it's entirely possible that I was too young for it).

3) 5 movies on the list you haven't seen but want to:


* Citizen Kane
* Casablanca
* Lawrence of Arabia
* The Third Man
* Stagecoach

4) 5 movies on the list that you haven't seen and have no interest in seeing:


* The Searchers
* The Jazz Singer
* The Wild Bunch
* Forrest Gump
* A Streetcar Named Desire

5) Your favorite 5 movies that aren't on the list:

* The Usual Suspects
* The Lord of the Rings (all three)
* Monty Python and the Holy Grail
* Requiem for a Dream
* Aliens

And maybe WALL•E, I want to give it a year or two (and see it a few more times) to see if it stands the test of time.

1 comment:

Becca said...

The Searchers and The Wild Bunch are GREAT movies but then again I love Amadeus so maybe our movie tastes vary a bit.

Cool meme! Thanks for the tag!!!