Monday, August 04, 2008

Ok, the "Obama is the Anti-Christ" thing

There's a foofarah going on because the latest McCain ad would seem to imply that Barack Obama is, in fact, the dragon-worshipping Anti-Christ himself.

Seriously.

Mara Vanderslice (great name!) writes:
It shows the McCain campaign is willing to make a mockery of our faith to feed people's fears.


Shock. A republican campaign using religion cynically? Oh, surely not...

But I can't help feeling this is, in some small way, my fault. Back in February, I wrote:
no chance I would ever vote for [McCain]--the Democrats would have to nominate someone who, with no exaggeration, I thought was the Antichrist for that.


Well, clearly, someone in the McCain camp saw that and thought "If we've lost Varkentine, we've lost the nation."

No comments: