Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Ah, the bitter aftertaste

As you may remember, Tim Burton is not exactly one of my favorite directors. In fact, not to put too fine a point on it, I've been known to call him a talent-less hack whose movies are mostly all terrible (I will confess to taking some pleasure in his "Batmen").

Whether or not you remember that, I am quite certain you remember that Anne Hathaway is my Reason Enough to Believe in god (tm). So you'll understand that as this news breaks, I have something of a moral dilemma on my hands.

Hathaway, meanwhile, has scored a plum role in Tim Burton's highly anticipated spin on Alice in Wonderland. She'll play the White Queen, who's exiled by her foul-tempered sister, the Queen of Hearts (Helena Bonham Carter), and befriends Alice (Mia Wasikowska).

No comments: