Tuesday, October 07, 2008

More on the debate

1. From Mark Evanier, who I quote below in toto:

The one great thing about a gathering like this is that it gives us the opportunity to come together as a people. For instance, right about now, I'm sure that everyone watching would like to slap Tom Brokaw.


Tell it, brother.

2. CNN's "Political Ticker" blog has some good Fact Check posts on claims made during the debate. McCain's assertion to have stood up to Ronald Reagan once scores as true, for example. His attacking of Obama as in the tank for Freddie and Fannie, not so much.

3.


The age gap between the two men - McCain is 72 and Obama is 47 - has seldom been as obvious. The Republican, asked how the economic crisis would affect the three top priorities of his administration, appeared unable to remember what they were and jotted down a note.


4. In case you were wondering--I know I was--while they were in Tennessee, yes, Obama and Michelle did drop in on Al and Tipper.
"I am so excited about what is lying ahead for our country," Gore said. But he cautioned that "We can't take anything for granted. We've got a lot of hard work to do."

"But ladies and gentlemen, I take such pleasure and pride in saying these words: The next president of the United States of America, Barack Obama!" Gore said.


5. BTW, I know none are scientific, so I'm not making any claims for their predictions, but I find it interesting that when I checked, Obama was winning 99% of the internet the "Who won the second presidential debate in Nashville?" polls--including Fox News and Town Hall.

No comments: