Tuesday, October 07, 2008

If you listen to NPR, watch Keith Olbermann or Stephen Colbert, you may have heard this month about a polling site called FiveThirtyEight.com.

Their shtick is that they're supposed to be pretty accurate, crunching numbers from all the various polls and correcting for any inaccuracies.

(I say "supposed to be," because it's numbers; so how the fuck do I know?)

Anyway, a couple of the guys who run the site were in Nashville tonight "liveblogging" the debate. They thought Obama clearly won, but McCain did better than he did at the first debate. That's what I think, too.

But that isn't what I wanted to share with you. I wanted to share with you this paragraph on their experience in the host state:

By the way, a special shout out for an absolutely horrible experience on the campus of Belmont University. I'm not sure I've ever been to a less welcoming place. We hated this campus and the staff here so much that we left to watch the debate at a pizza joint. I don't like to regret things, but it would be hard to overstate how terrible a day this has been, and how crappy every interaction we had in Tennessee was.


Some things never change.

No comments: