Friday, September 11, 2009

And I didn't even include the photo of them kissing

Frequently, on this blog, I have expressed disdain for American society's willingness to exploit lesbian sex, particularly in film and television. The use of images of often faux lesbians (or bisexuals) to get certain people's heart rates racing, and so on.

The same "certain people," frequently, who would then turn around and deny gays the right to serve in the military, get married, or visit a loved one in the hospital. Or so I have at least implied in my superiority.

Well. Drew Barrymore and Ellen Page have called my bluff. To promote the new roller derby film that Barrymore directed and co-stars in with Page, the two have posed for a series of pictures in Marie Claire magazine that...see for yourself...

(Via Egotastic, and you'd better believe there's more.)



Photobucket

I dig Drew's Michelle-Pfeiffer-in-Grease 2 jacket here, too.

Photobucket

Now, if I wanted to be all "harrumph," and denying of my animal response, I could claim that these photos are not exploitative, because (at least) Barrymore is openly bisexual, and one does hear those rumors about Ellen Page. And so that's why I'm running them. But to be honest...

Damn, these are adorable.

No comments: