Monday, September 07, 2009

Spam defined

My Dancing Girls blog has been temporarily (I hope) "locked" by Blogger. You might understandably think this is because of its "adult" content but you'd be so wrong.

The Blogger TOS explicitly permit adult content and anyway the content on that blog leans towards the PG-13.

Photobucket

No you see, DG "has been identified as a potential spam blog" by "The Blogger Team."

A "spam blog" is thusly defined:



The ease of creating and updating webpages with Blogger has made it particularly prone to a form of behavior known as link spamming. Blogs engaged in this behavior are called spam blogs, and can be recognized by their irrelevant, repetitive, or nonsensical text, along with a large number of links, usually all pointing to a single site.


Ok, "irrelevant, repetitive, or nonsensical text." Granted that's a judgment call, but I'm prepared to concede any time that I have written about Kim Kardashian, it's irrelevant.

However, "The Blogger Team" can tell the likes of Lisa Edelstein and Eva Mendes about that "repetitive and nonsensical" crack themselves. I can't be held responsible for how they might react.



"Lisa, did you see what they just said about what Ben writes about us?"













"Yes, I did. I'll go warm up the car."



"Hold on, I'll want to wear heels for this..."

But seriously(?)...I don't think that blog has what anybody could describe as a large number of links--and the ones that are there certainly don't all go to the same site.

I've requested a "review" and with any luck, that blog will be "unlocked" in a couple of days.

1 comment:

jeopardygirl said...

Yet another reason to leave blogger.com. You should shift over to wordpress.