Tuesday, September 08, 2009

You've heard of a deal with the devil? How about a deal with an angel?

I admit it freely: I watched the season premiere of Tyra Banks' syndicated talk show today. I was curious about the much-hyped "reveal" of her real hair.

Minus wigs, extensions, and so on, Tyra Banks looked like...she looked like a sexy angel. She's still Tyra Banks, for crying out loud.

I sort of love Tyra, and it's not just because according to one of those blog quizzes, if I were a Victoria's Secret model, she's the one I'd be. Although that doesn't hurt.

Later in the show, she had Perez Hilton on as a guest. Tyra proposed to him a deal: If he would refrain from talking trash about celebrity kids (she specified: under 18) for six months, she would put him on her America's Next Top Model show.

Sounds good to me. And not just because the prize was hanging out with Tyra Banks and some aspiring models for a few days, either.

I try never to talk trash about children--celebrity or otherwise--anyway. Of course, maybe that's why I'm not a celebrity and Hilton--tho I can't quite believe it--is.

I'm not a regular reader of Hilton's blog; I don't think I ever have been. I hold not much brief for him one way or the other. Or at least, I didn't, until I found out that he lied to Tyra when he agreed to her deal.

Hilton, who reportedly taped the episode last month, was only willing to take a one-month hiatus from kid bashing, but after an on-camera negotiation with Banks that started with her asking for a year-long freeze, the duo agreed that he’d avoid catty comments about underage kids for six months. Ironically, the episode aired only a few weeks after Hilton took Demi Moore’s 15-year-old daughter Tallulah to task on his Twitter page for wearing a low-cut top.


Lying to a Victoria's Secret Angel...there's a special place in hell for people like that.

Get 'im, Tyra!



PS: And for pete's sake, why would you pick on a 15-year-old kid when Demi "my breasts are 100% real!" Moore is right there?

Even going after Rumer Willis--seen at left with her mother--would be a bit more defensible.*

There is still some legitimate question about her acting ability (call it a hunch, but Sorority Row is not going to help) and she's a grown woman.

*I wouldn't, tho. I'm feeling all peace-and-love towards Rumer Willis tonight because she's expressed-
disgust [with] "young Hollywood" because it promotes the idea you need to "see your bones through your skin" to be considered beautiful.

No comments: