Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Point of order: On Greek, Calvin and Mike are not bisexual.

Here's a short piece purportedly about how
Some of our favorite mainstream [TV] characters are embracing their bisexual sides (well, the writers are).


Now same-sex smooches are as commonplace as opposite-sex ones. In May, on ABC frat romp "Greek," college boys Calvin and Mike played tonsil hockey


As I say above, (at least) one thing demands a correction, at least as far as I'm concerned (and that's all we're really concerned with around here, after all): Calvin and Mike are both gay, Calvin openly, Mike less so.

What's weird is that the Rebecca-thinks-she-might-be-a-lesbian storyline on Greek is a much better fit for what this article is talking about--but then, I'm not convinced that the article knows what it's talking about.

As usual, what it's really about is the use of hot-and-(same) sexy girls (mostly) as an attempt to pull viewers.

2 comments:

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

PHEW...when I saw that title I thought you were talking about me for a second. I needed to read and re-read just to make sure. I know Milla will still take me either way but I don't want her to be confused about my playing on the hetero team. Though the boys who prefer and are comfortable with their 'own' equiptment can still wack the ball out of the park. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Ben Varkentine said...

Don't take this the wrong way, Calvin, but are you sure you're really happy at my blog?