Wednesday, September 09, 2009

I just wrote to my congressman...

...who is "Baghdad" Jim McDermott,* the following letter:

Congressman, I'm writing to urge you to continue to fight against a health care bill that does not include a public option--and particularly against one with this "trigger" idea. The latter, I've been convinced, is just a way for Big health care to kill such an option.

Any "trigger" already has been, or conversely never will be, triggered. Either way, we don't need it. What we need is a health care bill *with* a public option, and any bill that comes before you without one, is a bill you need to kill. Thank you.


* I use the nickname just because I think it's funny, not because I oppose the congressman--it's quite the opposite, I think he's usually right.

No comments: