Wednesday, September 21, 2005

I just don't want to stop and start...cause I'm steady

There's a story in the National Enquirer that Bush has fallen off the wagon.

Another source said: "I'm only surprised to hear that he hadn't taken a shot sooner. Before Katrina, he was at his wit's end. I've known him for years. He's been a good ol' Texas boy forever. George had a drinking problem for years that most professionals would say needed therapy. He doesn't believe in it [therapy], he never got it. He drank his way through his youth, through college and well into his thirties. Everyone's drinking around him."


Now, as media girl posted:

...this is the National Enquirer -- not exactly a scion of credibility. Yet people do fall off the wagon, and if anyone's in a high-pressure job, it's W. And with the reports of his radical mood shifts and angry outbursts at the staff, you have to wonder. It was only a couple weeks ago that we learned that staffers were afraid to interrupt the president's vacation to tell him about the Katrina disaster.


So I wanted to post the item, while reminding you to consider the source. But do I think it's true? Yes, yes I do. I won't pretend to know, but I think it's true. I also think it's not the first time Bush has fallen off the wagon in office.

Cast your mind back to January, 2002, four months after 9/11.

Do you really believe Bush "fainted" from "eating a pretzel?"

No comments: