Thursday, September 22, 2005

Right, you've got the girl down on the bed, you've got her legs up on the mantelpiece

A new study finds that blogs are more likely to deal with personal matters than politics or current events, and nearly 50% of bloggers see the activity as a form of therapy.


Well doctor, it's like this. There's tension between my mother and me and my friends don't ring enough. I identify with these words by Kenneth Tynan diagnosing himself:
Possesses a Super-Ego of tremendous (though only sporadically exercised) power, in the form of reproving conscience that drives him to periodic bouts of self-punishing work; and an equally powerful Id, which insists on immediate sensual rewards....plus a single sentence culled from published works of psychiartrist named Dr. Bergler: 'Every writer without exception is a masochist, a sadist, a peeping Tom, an exhibitionist, a narcissist, an "injustice collector" and a "depressed person constantly haunted by fears of unproductivity.".'


And this song by Colin Hay and Thom Mooney:
Any minute now my ship is coming in
I'll keep checking the horizon
And I'll stand on the bow
And feel the waves come crashing
Come crashing down, down, down on me

And you said,"Be still, my love
Open up your heart
Let the light shine in"
Don't you understand?
I already have a plan
I'm waiting for my real life to begin

When I awoke today suddenly nothing happened
But in my dreams I slew the dragon
And down this beaten path
And up this cobbled lane
I'm walking in my own footsteps once again

Any minute now my ship is coming in
I'll keep checking the horizon
And I'll check my machine
There's sure to be that call
It's gonna happen soon, soon, oh so very soon
It's just that times are lean

And you say,"Be still, my love
Open up your heart
Let the light shine in"
Don't you understand?
I already have a plan
I'm waiting for my real life to begin


And I'm genuinely concerned about what's going to happen to my country and my planet, from John Roberts to the war in Iraq. Although, I don't give much of a damn that-shock-a model used cocaine. So I got that going for me.

So anyway, doctor...what do you mean you're afraid our time is up?

No comments: