Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Oh, my god

I apologize in advance, but this post is about Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes. A subject I've avoided for the most part, apart from the odd irresistable joke or swipe at him for being a pissy little queen.

My favorite thing about the blessed Cruise/Holmes union remains the fact that-as far as I can tell-virtually no one is buying it. For some reason, we all bought Mimi Rogers. We bought Nicole Kidman. Some of you even bought Penelope Cruz. But Katie Holmes? An entire country basically went "Eh-no."

But now at least, now Tom has put the lie to any notion that he might be less a human being than a simulation automaton programmed to star in/promote movies, and repeat.

Via Paul at Shakeseare's Sister's...


Less than a week after the birth of daughter Suri, Cruise has forsaken diaper duty and turned up in Rome for the Italian premiere of Mission: Impossible III Monday night.



"My mission impossible was to be here today," he said at a press conference. "I didn't want to come. My daughter was just born and I didn't want to leave her and her mother...I thought about not coming to Rome, but Kate said go and have fun."

No comments: