Friday, June 16, 2006

I've really got to stop watching television after 11 o'clock at night

The commercial kind, anyway. So I'm watching Moonraker on AMC and coming over all nostalgic-it was my very first Bond film. Then they cut to a commercial. It was for some erectile disfunction aid or other.

In the ad, a middle-aged-to-elderly couple are about to go upstairs, meaningful looks in their eyes. Just then, a knock comes at the door. Oh no! It's the kids and grandkids, making an unscheduled visit.

A voiceover informs us that if, just when you think the "right time" has arrived, you're interupted by such flotsam and jetsam, don't sweat it. Because this little pill is good for up to several hours. Thus gratified, they welcome the kids in to play.

So you're telling me...this guy is going to spend a few hours...playing with children...with some huge fucking boner on.

All right...

1 comment:

jeopardygirl said...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Marketing people are scum. They think we'll buy into anything if they just sex it up or glitz it up or make it funny enough. I get seriously insulted by most commercials, and I'm seriously looking into a PVR (TiVo).