Tuesday, June 13, 2006

There's a sun shining in the sky, but that's not the reason why I'm feeling warm inside

A commenter who wished to remain anonymous (but who almost certainly hails from Bolingbrook, Illinois-home of the second IKEA outlet in the state!) went looking for messages of support for Ann Coulter.

Unfortunately for them, since Ms. Coulter's most recent remarks are indefensible even by her low standards, what they mainly found were postings like mine of earlier today. Postings from Democratic bloggers suggesting that what Ann had said was, like what she usually says, stupid, false and silly.

This confused and infuriated them, and he/she/it wrote me with a list of questions. I'm here to please (and don't you ever forget that, ladies), so let's take a look at those questions and see if we can't help make things clearer for our new friend.

Who writes:

What do you know about conservatives?
I know that Dick Cheney is willing to cynically exploit people just like his daughter for votes. I know that he and Bush are incompetents who have run this country much the same way the Skipper and Gilligan ran the Minnow. I know that conservatives love to pat themselves on the back even (if not especially) when they don't deserve it. I know they're armchair warriors who love to talk a good game about supporting a war but get kinda queasy when you suggest they join up and fight in it. I don't know, but I suspect they like Larry the Cable Guy.

Next question?
Why don't you talk from your malcontent liberal heart!
Um...I thought I was. BTW, Malcontent: "One who rebels against the established system." With Bush's approval rating having hit 29%, there sure are a lot of us, aren't there?

Why don't you say what you mean - something like - "I wish conservatives were turning against Ann Coulter because she scares me.
Again, possibly because that's not what I mean. I mean that there's something really wrong with Ann Coulter.

[or]If all conservatives start talking like her, it looks like I'm in for the fight I've looking for."
Putting aside the right's trademark original relationship with literacy...if all conservatives start talking like her, we'll get a Democrat elected President in 2008 by a landslide.

Please don't hesitate to write again if you have any further questions.

No comments: