Friday, June 16, 2006

Oh dear.

You know, you try not to stereotype conservatives. Sometimes you fail to resist, but you try not to.

My quoting and agreeing with Mark's post about Ann Coulter attracted a comment by a fella who blogs under the name of (allow for fanfare)...Texas Truth. TT cordially invited me to visit his blog and read what he has to say, so I did.

Molly Ivins once wrote, of Rush Limbaugh fans or "dittoheads,"

I wouldn't say that dittoheads as a group lack the ability to reason. It's just that whenever I run across them they seem to be at a low ebb in reasoning skills.


When I read conservative blogs, I tend to jump on spelling errors, especially if there are more than might generously be explained as typos. My default joke is usually something about "the right's trademark original relationship with literacy."

Well, here's where a joke becomes sad. TT's blog has a number of such errors, including one he makes twice even though he's quoting an article in which the word is spelled correctly.

TT's occupation, as listed in his Blogger profile?
I am a public high school educator in my early 50s, who has been teaching for 28 years.

2 comments:

Adam Best said...

So typical!

Check out my post on Coulter at...

The Absolute Best Blog

- Adam

James Landrith said...

Texas Truth is all over the blogosphere "inviting" other bloggers to read his half-comical, half-pathetic rantings and dittohead drivel. He searches for other bloggers who've made postings on the same subject as his latest entry - cut and paste city. Blog-promo-spam-omatic!

He needs to retire. I wouldn't want this wingnut teaching my child.