Monday, June 12, 2006

Random Flickr-Blogging: IMG_9369

(If you don't know what RFB is, go here)



Three songs and a book:

Take me out tonight
Take me anywhere, I don't care
I don't care, I don't care
And in the darkened underpass
I thought Oh God, my chance has come at last
But then a strange fear gripped me
And I just couldn't ask
-There Is A Light That Never Goes Out, The Smiths (song)


There's a club, if you'd like to go
You could meet somebody who really loves you
So you go, and you stand on your own
And you leave on your own
And you go home
And you cry
And you want to die
-How Soon Is Now? The Smiths (song)


'You aren't meant to be alone. None of us are. Now come on back inside, where there are people, where it's warm.'-Happy Endings, Paul Cornell (book)


When the dance floor clears, I walk home alone with their voices still in my ears. The ghosts of dead teenagers sing to me while I am dancing. They're sad and young, and they'll be sad and young forever.
Homeless Club Kids, My Favorite (song)

Original source.

2 comments:

Tom Hilton said...

This is great, Ben. Nice matching of words and image.

Ben Varkentine said...

Danke Schoen, Tom-for that and for the original idea. I'm having a lot of fun.