Monday, October 02, 2006

Christ, George, get it together

I can't say that George Michael is one of my favorite singer-songwriters or anything. But I like pop music too much not to know that his knack for putting catchy melodies to foot-tapping beats back in the Wham! days was harder than it looks.

I'll admit that when the Faith album came out it hit me as hard as it hit most of the rest of the world, there was a time when I really loved it. That lasted until I actually dated, for a disasterous two weeks, a woman named Faith.

And a close friend once told me that "Freedom 90" reminded her of me.

I guess what I'm saying is, I have some respect for the man's gifts. And I'm just really sick of seeing headlines like this:
George Michael Arrested on Drug Charge

For Christ's sake, George...

No comments: