Wednesday, October 04, 2006

What does this mean?

Last night there was a lot of television. But what does it mean that on a night including Gilmore Girls, Veronica Mars, and a show starring Virgina Madsen, the most compelling viewing I found was the show about high school football?

What I caught of GG, again, cofrimed for me that I'm probably right only to be keeping one eye on it this season. For any of you who watch it: I don't beleiev Lane would be that naieve.

Graham and Bledel deserve some kind of JoBeth Williams memorial award for the "fake Asia" scene. I've never seen actresses fight harder to fake whimsy.

At nine, Veronica Mars opened season three with an episode that dissapointed, both me as a viewer, and in the ratings. It really didn't hold a lot of Gilmore Girls' audience after all.

I was never sure they were as great a fit as so many seem to have assumed. In my mind a better match for Veronica would have been a great detective show, Columbo when it was still on regularly. Now I think Veronica leading into House would be a good fit, if only they were on the same network.

Moot point though on two counts, since they're not, and since VM seems to have continued to lose its fire. Ah well. At least the first season still stands as one of the best shows ever made.

No comments: