Saturday, October 07, 2006

That was quick

CBS pulls plug on ‘Smith,’ making crime drama first fall show to get ax


“Smith,” the Tuesday night CBS drama with [Ray] Liotta leading a band of high-stakes thieves, is off the schedule, the network said Friday. It will be replaced temporarily by reruns of “CSI: Crime Scene Investigation” and “Criminal Minds.”



Note to self: Start working on screenplay for beautiful, accomplished and now at-liberty actress. Actually, if I'd ever written the part, Virgina Madsen would be perfect for the role of my character Annabel's mother as I see her in my head...in about 12 years. Which, given the way things are going, may be about as long as it's going to take me to get Annabel's story told in any form.

But I digress. And, should Ms. Madsen or any of her representatives be reading this, and feeling weak at the prospect of her moving from "hot babe" to "mother" roles...

Let me hasten to say I still feel that taking an endless hot shower with Virgina Madsen is what happens to us when we die if we've been good.



I seem to have digressed again.

["Smith's"] last episode had only 8.4 million viewers on Tuesday, according to Nielsen Media Research. It faced tough competition in the time slot from NBC’s “Law & Order: SVU” and ABC’s “Boston Legal.”


Here again we see the differences in perspective and standards. "Only" 8.4 million viewers would keep "Veronica Mars" on the air at least another three seasons, however little it may deserve it at this point.

And if I get my book published and "only" 8.4 million people buy it? I'll be writing this blog from my apartment in San Francisco overlooking the Golden Gate...





No comments: