Thursday, October 05, 2006

Okay, yet more on the Foley thing

At the risk of repeating myself, today is another day when I highly recommend going to the Media Matters homepage and reading what they've got on the latest homophobic attempts of the right wing to save their own asses, no play on words intended.

I especially urge you to read William Donohue of the Catholic League telling 15-year-old boys that if they're molested, it's their own damn fault. Speaking of repeating myself, I've said it before and I'll no doubt say it again.

The Catholic Church serves no damn good purpose except to tell budding young women that sex is sinful, thus making it more exciting to them, and then sending them out into the world in uniforms that are best described as: Convenient.

Though that is an exceptionally good purpose (ah, those bygone days), it's still not worth jackasses like Bill Donohue's mudslinging.

You can also see Tony "named after a famously closeted gay actor" Perkins, president of the conservative Family Research Council, hauling out the falsehood that gay men are more likely to be child molestors, which is just not true.

I'm enjoying this, except that I keep wondering how former Kid in the Hall, NewRadio star and Celebrity Poker Showdown! host Dave Foley feels about his last name being linked to child molestation...

1 comment:

Tom Hilton said...

Bill Donohue is the pond scum that regular pond scum won't associate with because they think he's even pond scummier. He is the lowest of the low. I consider him more damaging than Fred Phelps, because nobody takes Phelps seriously.

I'm enjoying this, except that I keep wondering how former Kid in the Hall, NewRadio star and Celebrity Poker Showdown! host Dave Foley feels about his last name being linked to child molestation...

Or, worse yet, to the Republican Party. ;-)