Monday, October 02, 2006

Clearly, the women on the left are both cows



Feministing and Pandagon both have entries about a dandy new "slimming" feature the HP digital camera is offering.

Amanda's headlined hers with her usual acid wit: Skeletal is the new fat. This sort of touches on what always gets me about things like this-by what stretch of the imagination do either of these women need a "slimming effect?"

And yes, I know, obviously the broader point is that no woman (or man) does or should. But this is ridiculous. The top model there, especially, looks much better to me in the "Without slimming effect" picture.

Between you and me, ladies, if you want one man's opinion, hips are nice things to have and a woman's body should be soft. I hope I'm not crawling out on a limb to say that...

No comments: