Thursday, January 11, 2007

Its all right, it's all right, you dont have to change your ways

Tara Reid. Don't ask me why, but of all our, shall we say, "troubled" young actresses, she's the one I'd most like to see veer away from turning into a train wreck. Maybe it's because I continue to feel-and it's almost a blind faith at this point-that given a role whose challenges fit her particular abilities, she can meet them. Especially with a sympathetic director.

Still, maybe I'm kidding myself. Certainly she's a beautiful woman, and it's a flaw(?) of mine that I tend to want to give beautiful women the benefit of the doubt.

I did feel a bit sorry for her when she fell into the "women who have had plastic surgery when by no reasonable standard did they need any" trap. And I suppose I've forgiven her for the whole Carson Daly unpleasantness.

There's probably no use pretending she's ever been the brightest bulb in the box. Though I gotta wonder just how bright she was before she spent six years getting high in other ways than swimming with dolphins (there I go, giving the benefit again)...

The pretty blonde also confessed that swimming with dolphins represented the fulfilment of a life-long ambition. "It's so funny because in America everyone has dreams of what they want to do," she explained. "That's one of the things I've always wanted to do in my life and never accomplished. I just did now - I'm on a high!"

Emphasis mine. Ms. Reid, honey, having dreams of what you want to do is kind of a world-wide phenomenon...

No comments: