Saturday, January 13, 2007

Psyched out

Spent the afternoon and early part of the evening watching USA's marathon of the first seven episodes of their phony psychic series, Psych. I'd meant to catch the series first run, but with one thing and another had let it pass me by.

I didn't miss the next House or anything, but it was extremely enjoyable and often genuinely funny, with a large share of the credit going to the two leads, James Roday (who has got to be Jonathan Silverman's younger brother) and Dule Hill, formerly the remarkable Charlie on West Wing. The scripts aren't always as good as the performances, but what the hell.

Also spent the first episode or so trying to place where I'd seen the actress playing the police chief before it hit me: She's Kirsten Nelson, who played the young Mrs. Landingham in the flashback sequences of "Two Cathedrals," one of the best West Wings ever.

I get a kick out of the idea that, in an odd way, Mrs. Landingham and Charlie are working together again...

No comments: