Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Okay, the "George W. Bush's speech tonight" thing

Mark Evanier says it about as well as I could.
George W. Bush is going to address the nation this evening, reportedly to tell us that he's going to ignore the wishes of most of the nation (and a surprisingly high percentage of our military leaders and Republican members of Congress) and proceed with "The Surge." It may not be much of a surge because we don't have enough troops for that. And it may take quite some time to surge properly...but damn it, we're going to surge. Okay, so it'll mean a lot more of our soldiers getting killed. Isn't that ever so much better than Bush having to admit he screwed up?


I'm also wondering how long it's going to be until we start seeing the perhaps-inevitable political cartoons depicting Bush as Slim Pickens at the end of Doctor Strangelove. Or some Jimmy Cagney-like criminal, snarling, "If I'm going down, I'm taking all of you with me!"

Alas.

No comments: