Wednesday, June 06, 2007

bipartisan this

I see a lot of calls for bipartisanship. More often than not, though certainly not every time, this comes from people who, now that Democrats have taken control of Congress and the Senate, are scared they'll hit back.

They're dealing with a president who clearly won't listen to anybody, so why should they listen to him?

The people who voted for them have told them-repeatedly-what they want them to do, so why don't they just do it?

It's not a partisan statement to say that the leader of the Republican party is a disengaged frat boy. It's an objective statement based on years of factual evidence.



Or, as the most effective President I'm likely to see in my lifetime said...

BARTLET
...I don't think Americans are tired of partisan politics; I think they're tired of hearing career politicians diss partisan politics to get a gig. I've tried it before, they ain't buying it. That's okay, though. That's okay, though, 'cause partisan politics is good. Partisan politics is what the founders had in mind. It guarantees that the minority opinion is heard, and as a lifelong possessor of minority opinions, I appreciate it.



Aaron Sorkin and Paul Redford, The West Wing, "Game On."

No comments: