Thursday, June 07, 2007

Tired of looking at hot women? I didn't think so.

AfterEllen.com, a website of "News, Reviews & Commentary on Lesbian and Bisexual women in Entertainment and the Media," has put together their own Hot 100 list, voted on by the readership, which, they assure us, has more depth than Maxim's.

Yeah, I know what you're thinking: Having more depth than Maxim is like building a better car than the Pinto.

I'm not going to repost or re-hash their entire list (at the link above if you want to see), but thought a slot or two deserved comment.

First of all, you-or at least I-have to get past the predictable presence of 99% of the women who have ever appeared on The L Word on the list. If there's anyone out there who doesn't know how I feel about that show, speak now, otherwise, I'll just move on.

Two slots down from that series' Rachel Shelley-who actually is one of the hotter women on it-we're rewarded with this picture of Mary-Louise Parker rockin' a Batgirl T-shirt.



A few pages further along you'll find Kristen Bell, late of Veronica Mars. I think they could have found a cooler picture, but that's me. Under her is...well, wouldn't you just know that The Perfect Woman For Me, Apparently, would also be a lesbian icon?

Also on the list, Renee O'Connor, best known of course for Xena, but also a star of the unreleased, unremarked film Rubbernecking, featuring Corey Klemow. Which means it's not just my life that's inexplicably linked with lesbian icons, it's my friends, too.

Ok, time for another picture. Ladies, I want you to take a look at this photo of actress Monica Bellucci and tell me...can she be comfortable?



I also note with some amusement that their #76 choice, Jennifer Connelly, was not only in my "most beautiful women" post a couple of months ago...but that they used exactly the same picture as I did.

Finally, it's bad enough that they had to put Amber Benson under Evan Rachel Wood (the latest in the list of women Marilyn Manson's going to disappoint), and Michelle Pfeiffer, but: Couldn't they have found a picture of her where she doesn't look stoned?

Benson is an outstanding-looking woman but in the picture they chose, she looks like she's been smoking Banana peels. As opposed to pictures like this-



-where she's just smokin'.

2 comments:

Jim Marquis said...

Mary-Louise Parker just kills me. So smart, so hot.

Ben Varkentine said...

I really grew to like the way she spoke Aaron Sorkin's dialogue when she was Amy Gardner on West Wing, too.

She brought her own spin to it while still managing to serve the scripts.

You have to love what she said at the 2004 Golden Globes, too, about her...um...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary-Louise_Parker#Trivia