Monday, June 04, 2007

Sigh...

Don't you hate it when you hear about a band that looks like they could have been made just for you, then you hear them and they kinda suck? That's the worst.

Team Gina. Electro duo. From Seattle. Lesbians, yet, just like I like to write about (for those of you who don't know my work, I don't mean in an exploitative manner).

Their bio name-checks the Bangles, Debbie Gibson, Dreamgirls, Duran Duran, The Go-Gos, Jem and the Holograms, Kraftwerk, Ladytron, Madonna, Nu Shooz, Paula Abdul, Salt n' Pepa, Tiffany, Wham! Theater games, Heathers, 80s popstar impersonations and the Miami Vice theme song among other things.

I mean...how could I not like them?

This is how.

2 comments:

jeopardygirl said...

oh. god. that's, um...terrible. I think they are perhaps a little too strident, and not very melodic.

Ben Varkentine said...

It was the lack of melody that turned me off.