Saturday, June 09, 2007

Promo music videos that answer each other (sorta)

I'm not quite sure why, but I dreamed about this song last night. It's Oingo Boingo, a band I think Danny Elfman did much better writing for than most of his film scores. It's not my favorite song--that might be "My Life"--but I do like it. It's so coolly insane.

"Stay."





Now, when it comes to The Spice Girls, I'm one of those who saw them as nothing more than inoffensive, dumb--in the best sense of the word--fun. And given a choice between their kind of pop and grunge, well, you know where I am every time.

Besides, if they're good enough for Nelson Mandela, they're good enough for me. However, what we have here is not a Spice Girls clip. What we have here is Emma Bunton, the once (and maybe future) Baby Spice, lip syncing her top five (overseas) hit "Free Me" on TV.

I saw her doing the same on the Craig Ferguson show a couple of years ago. I remember thinking that it sounded like a James Bond theme done by Olivia Newton-John circa "Magic." See if you don't think so too.

But when she gets to the chorus, whatever you do, do not think of "Sister Christian" by Night Ranger.

No comments: