Monday, June 25, 2007

Isaiah Washington still hasn't figured out the correlation between the sound of his own voice and stupidity

The apparently homophobic idiot has decided that the best way to fire back after having been sacked from the show Grey's Anatomy is by claiming conspiracy. Good thinking, Isaiah. That makes you sound much smarter.

The story gets weirder. A petition is being circulated by a woman called Jasmyne Cannick to have Washington return to the series next season. What's weird about that? Cannick is described in that article as "a prominent lesbian and gay activist;" she is also black.

Never having heard of her, I went to Yahoo! and found her blog. Her writing seems kind of awful to me, but see for yourself. Making up words--"hateration?"-- isn't a good way for someone to impress me with their intelligence.

I also get a kick out of the fact that her MySpace page and other sources describe her as "Unapologetically Black." Is apologetic blackness more common than I realize?

Anyway, it seems that for her, black trumps gay. She would deny this (here's a link to her addressing the issue in full), but it seems to me that is what she means, even if it is not what she says.

However, I may be wrong.

I just can't help thinking that-

With gay kids being the target of school bullies and much worse, and even being censored out of yearbooks

Gay adoption and marriage not being universally legal

47 percent of gay and lesbian teenagers having seriously considered suicide, and 36 percent having attempted it

Military translators being discharged just when we needed military translators, because they were homosexual

-if I were a lesbian and/or gay activist, getting a homophobic idiot his job back not only wouldn't be high on my list of priorities, it wouldn't even be on the list. Black or not.

But again, I could be wrong.

No comments: