Friday, June 29, 2007

the sheer thoughtlessness of apparently putting politics ahead of artistic realization



"That's exactly the way it happened to me," says Keitha.

Headline via Feministing, a blog that this week tarnished their usual brightness for me by including a link to an article about "Knocked Up." Without warning that said article contains utter spoilers for the ending of the film "Waitress," which I kinda had been looking foward to seeing.

Maybe the writer spoiled "Knocked Up" too, I don't know because I'd already stopped reading at that point, annoyed at the sheer thoughtlessness of apparently putting politics ahead of artistic realization.

I commented on this at Feministing, someone else seconded it, but neither the writer of the original article (who showed up to comment) or Jessica, who posted the link, has seen fit to apologize.

Nice. I'm sure they don't take it all that seriously and truth be told, I know it's not all that serious in the wider view of things. But still: Nice. I guess I just needed to get that off my chest.

No comments: