Monday, July 09, 2007

Sarah Brightman's never really been much on my playlist

But this song is a cut above anything else I've ever heard her perform. It's superb. I think it was a hit in her home country of England but it didn't do much on the pop stations over here, IIRC.

I first heard it on a local modern rock station, of all things, and thought it was gorgeous. It's a real standout, is what I'm saying. See if you don't agree.

This is "Captain Nemo."



I think the video looks beautiful, too, but I'm kinda proud to say I loved the song before I saw it.

And no, I don't get the Andrew Lloyd Webber thing either.

4 comments:

Becca said...

I'm kind of a big Sarah Brightman fan but I very much get it when people tell me they don't like her.

In any case this is a fab song! Dive overall is a pretty cheesy album but Captain Nemo is great as well as an innocent sounding enough song that seems to be about bondage.

Let me dive in
To pools of sin
Wet black leather on my skin
Show me the floor
Lay down the law
I need to taste you more

it's alot of that sort of thing. You don't suppose that Lloyd Webber the ex was into the bondage scene do you?

Becca said...

Oh by the way the song is called Once in a Lifetime. Can't belive I left that out!

Ben Varkentine said...

I don't dislike Brightman...obviously she can sing, just most of the material that I've heard isn't to my liking.

"You don't suppose that Lloyd Webber the ex was into the bondage scene do you?"

Don't you even put that image in my head!

Becca said...

Sorry that was pretty cruel.

...I am now resisting the urge to mention Webber with a ball gag and...

Sorry, sorry that was soooo wrong!