Thursday, October 06, 2005

Anybody else really, really, seriously I'm not kidding scared by this?

Via the BBC:


President George W. Bush told Palestinian ministers that God had told him to invade Afghanistan and Iraq - and create a Palestinian State, a new BBC series reveals.

In Elusive Peace: Israel and the Arabs, a major three-part series on BBC TWO (at 9.00pm on Monday 10, Monday 17 and Monday 24 October), Abu Mazen, Palestinian Prime Minister, and Nabil Shaath, his Foreign Minister, describe their first meeting with President Bush in June 2003.

Nabil Shaath says: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, "George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan." And I did, and then God would tell me, "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq …" And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, "Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East." And by God I'm gonna do it.'"


You know, it's times like this I hope some responsible body within the Republican party (yeah, I know) really is looking into exit strategies for President Bush. (And Rove may be about to provide him with one)

Because if this is true...then the man is nuts. Seriously, Son of Sam territory nuts.

He's got to be stopped.

ETA: Hey. Hey. Hey hey, hey hey hey...I just had a thought. What if naming Miers to the bench was intended as a test to see just how much trust the "conservative base" still had for Bush (answer: not a lot)?

So they know how much support they have before trying this hypothetical "exit strategy." It's probably not why it happened, but it did give me pause for thought.

ETA, again: Yeah, Pam's frightened too.

1 comment:

Ben Varkentine said...

What's that? Oh, I'm sorry, I was miles away...