Friday, October 07, 2005

This may turn out to seem meaner than I at first intended it

Esquire magazine has named Jessica Biel their 'Sexiest Woman Alive' for 2005. I'm not going to make a list of women I think are sexier than Biel, just a few words about why she wouldn't be at the top of such a list.

Granted, she is beautiful, but frankly...really only in a sexist-appealing way. Let me see if I can explain what I mean. I'd be a hypocrite if I said that I don't appreciate women's bodies; I do.

And, as previously blogged about here, I enjoyed Biel's bouncing tits in the otherwise unecessary Texas Chainsaw remake as much as the next heterosexual male or lesbian.

So yes, it's possible for a woman to turn my head by appealing to no more than that "monkey" part of my brain. The problem is that to appeal to the other part, the human brain, to keep me looking at her?

She has to eventually be seen to be, well, sort of, no offense to Ms. Biel who I'm sure is a perfectly nice person, well...smart. That is to say, I've seen her interviewed, and I've seen her work.
I can't see spending 15 minutes talking to her while thinking about anything other than how to get her dress off.

No comments: