Saturday, October 08, 2005

Oh, and by the way


Nine more American soldiers have been killed in something like the last 24 hours in Iraq. 21 soldiers have been killed in the last week. Since, as Blogs for Bush told us, the war is "The only actually important issue before the American people," I'd like to suggest a trip to Daily Kos.

There you can read excerpts from two or three blogs by current or former soldiers who actually served or are serving in Iraq. I especially recommend the comments posted on a blog called Fight to Survive. I may or may not agree with all of them, but I can't argue with the guy's passion. And he does have the advantage of actually having "been there."

I'm also impressed by the way he retains his sense of humor in the face of criticism:
I must admit that your frequent use of the word "sedition" both surprises and humors me. That must be a big word for you. Did you happen to read it somewhere, or was its terrorist connotation ever so monotonously drilled into your head in boot camp? Perhaps you removed a "seditious" leader in Level 7 of your new Tom Clancy shoot'm up video game. Whatever the case may be, perhaps you have a valid point. Webster's defines the act of sedition as "rebellion or incitement: actions or words intended to provoke or incite rebellion against government authority." If what you are saying means that I am accused of opposing this current and criminal regime, and desperately hope for swift and drastic change, well...at least you used the word right.

No comments: