Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Dear Mr. O'Reilly...

Shakespeare's Sister had a bright idea:
Since his announcement that he’s going to put together an enemies list, I suspect none too few smart asses have been emailing him asking for inclusion—which I think is just the funniest thing ever. How big a mockable, impotent pantload do you have to be for people to react to your announcement of an enemies list by sending emails requesting to be on it? Ha!

Earlier, I got cc’ed on an email to Blathero Bill, and I thought it might be funny to start collecting the emails and/or posts of people asking to be put on Ye Olde Enemies List.


Here's my go, emailed earlier this afternoon:

Dear Mr. O'Reilly:

I am kindly requesting you add my blog, Dictionopolis In Digitopolis to your enemies list.

Not only have I written about my disgust with your comments regarding offering up San Francisco to al-Qaida, but I have even suggested to that Golden Gate city that they take you out themselves.

Now, I know you understand that was a satirical remark, Bill, since as you keep saying in defense of inviting terrorists to blow up my hometown, you yourself were being satirical. No doubt you are a satirist the equal, nay, the superior, of Jon Stewart or that annoying Al Franken.

So if that's not enough to qualify me, let me add that I also think you are a grossly dishonest man. Will that do it?

Best regards,
Benjamin Alan Varkentine

No comments: